Control Solutions' i.Report VP4-2090 Global Remote Telemetry Unit is ideal for demanding remote alarm monitoring and data logging with optional GPS tracking. It includes both cellular and satellite radios built in. The VP4-2090 includes 18 hardwire sensor inputs, of which 16 are universally configurable as analog, temperature (thermistor), or discrete/dry contact inputs. Two inputs are fixed 30V inputs for battery monitoring. High speed pulse counting is provided on 2 inputs. The VP4-2090 also includes 2 discrete outputs. The VP4-2090 includes a Modbus RTU port which may operate in master or slave mode. The VP4-2090 also includes a CAN/J1939 port for applications such as engine monitoring.
Control Solutions’ i.Report Model VP4-2090 Cellular/Satellite Remote Telemetry Unit is ideal for demanding remote alarm monitoring and data logging with optional GPS tracking. It includes both cellular and satellite radios built in. The model VP4-2090 can operate on cellular only, satellite only, or cellular with satellite backup for mobile applications.
The VP4-2090 includes 18 hardwire sensor inputs, of which 16 are universally configurable as analog, temperature (thermistor), or discrete/dry contact inputs. Two are fixed analog with 30V input range for directly monitoring batteries. The VP4-2090 also includes 2 discrete outputs for functions such as generator start on command or local alarm indicator.
The VP4-2090 includes a Modbus RTU port which may operate in master or slave mode. The VP4-2090 may poll multiple Modbus slaves to greatly expand I/O capability. The VP4-2090 may also operate as a slave allowing a PLC in a larger system to write data to the VP4-2090.
The VP4-2090 also includes a CAN/J1939 port for applications such as engine monitoring. The VP4-2090 can receive any standard J1939 message, including transport protocol. The VP4-2090 can initiate data read requests. The VP4-2090 can transmit J1939 messages sending data provided by the web portal or derived internally. The internal GPS data can be transmitted periodically in standard J1939 format. Message construction is completely configurable, and transport protocol is supported in both directions.
The VP4-2090 is configured over the air via the LogMyData web portal. Convenient templates simplify configuration of I/O points, mapping of Modbus registers, setting of alarm limits, and assignment of notifications to users.
i.CanDrawIt® is included at no additional cost with every i.Report from Control Solutions. i.CanDrawIt® works just like an electrical schematic CAD program, except you draw control programs that look like circuits. The resulting software will function like the circuit you draw. i.CanDrawIt® includes visual program simulation as well as visual live debugging where supported by the target device. Set breakpoints or step through the program one visual function block at a time. Update variables and I/O objects in simulation or live.
VP4-2090 Hardware Features
• Remote monitoring and data logging
• Tracks 400 data points with dual alarm thresholds per point
• Supports trending and report-on-delta for all 400 points
• Cellular and satellite connectivity options:
• Satellite only
• Cellular only
• Cellular with satellite backup
• GPS tracking and geo-fencing for mobile apps
• CAN 2.0b/J1939 communication port
• Engine monitoring functions assigned to any data object
• Modbus RTU master/slave port
• 2GB data flash for event and data logging
• Battery backed real time clock for timestamps
• Programmable soft PLC included
• Over the air (cellular/satellite) control
• Over the air (cellular only) firmware update
• 4G LTE cellular data modem
• LEO Satellite transceiver (Iridium)
• GPS option included in some cellular modems
• 16 Universal inputs
• 0-10VDC, thermistor, dry contact
• 4-20mA with external resistor
• 16-bit sigma-delta converter
• Continuously self calibrating
• 2 Fixed analog inputs, 0-30VDC input range
• 2 Discrete outputs, 30VDC 1A open drain FET
• Internal temperature sensor
• Hardened RS-485 serial port (Modbus RTU)
• USB port (connects to laptop for service)
• 32-bit ARM7 processor, 512K Flash
• 2GB data flash for event/data logging
• 128K EEPROM for configuration storage
• Operates from 10-30VDC or 12-24VAC
• NEMA 4X, IP66, IP68 Enclosure
• Operating temperature 0°C to +70°C
• Operating range -30°C to +70°C optional
GPS Tracking Modes
Geo-fence: Reports as an alarm any time the device leaves a designated perimiter. User can reset perimeter for transportable equipment's new location.
Travel: Reports as an event every time the device moves a specifed distance, used for tracking mobile devices that are intended to be on the move.
• Modbus Tutorial
Introduction to Modbus, including function codes, exception codes, register numbering.
i.Report Video Library
Watch these videos for an introduction to LogMyData web portal and i.Report Device. It's easier than reading!
Our most extensive technical support is provided by the same engineering staff that developed the products. Your personal attention from this staff is available via the support ticket system.
No user/password is required to open a new ticket. Once you open a ticket, you will immediately receive an email with your ticket number. Your ticket number becomes your login to review your ticket(s) later. Click the Support Ticket icon anywhere you see it. (If you do not get an email with your ticket number, within minutes, check your junk folder, spam settings, etc, and try again if necessary.)Open a Ticket