Control Solutions’ Babel Buster® SP Custom lets you create your own gateway. Designed to interface devices with a proprietary RS-232 ASCII protocol (or RS-485 protocol), the proprietary part of the protocol is user programmed using the built-in Script Basic.
• BACnet IP server
• RS-232/RS-485 serial port
• Script Basic user programming
• Universal, fully configurable
• No extra software or drivers to buy
• Configured via internal web server
Babel Buster SP Custom is the ultimate "universal" BACnet IP gateway. You write your own Script Basic program to communicate via RS-232 or RS-485 serial, or via TCP socket connection, to your non-BACnet device. Translate your data as needed, then place that data into BACnet objects accessible to any BACnet IP Client.
• User programmable with built-in Basic compiler
• Read/write BACnet object data from Basic program
• Read/write ASCII serial data from Basic program
• Read/write data via UDP or TCP socket from Basic program
The SP Custom includes its own internal web server that provides a web based user interface for configuring the SP Custom. Configuration is done using simple templates, and each web page has an online help section at the bottom.
Click on any of the links below to view a demo copy of the entire Web UI in the BB2-7010.
Babel Buster SP Custom Features
• BACnet IP server with COV support
• 300 Input objects each of types AI, BI, MSI
• 100 Output objects each of types AO, BO, MSO
• 100 Value objects each of types AV, BV, MSV
• Bidirectional communication between BACnet and device
• Commandable BACnet objects implement priority array
• 10/100BaseT Ethernet for BACnet IP
• Configure via web pages
• Flash file system with XML configuration files
• Online help
• Online wiring and DIP switch diagrams
• DIP switch selectable RS-232 or RS-485 two or four wire with optional termination
• Password protection for web log-on, ftp and telnet log-on
• Field upgradeable firmware upload via ftp
• Powered by 9 to 30VDC @ 0.37A to 0.11A
• 120VAC power supply included (12VDC output)
• FCC Class A, CE Mark
• Operating temperature -40°C to +85°C; Humidity 5% to 90%
Our most extensive technical support is provided by the same engineering staff that developed the products. Your personal attention from this staff is available via the support ticket system.
No user/password is required to open a new ticket. Once you open a ticket, you will immediately receive an email with your ticket number. Your ticket number becomes your login to review your ticket(s) later. Click the Support Ticket icon anywhere you see it. (If you do not get an email with your ticket number, within minutes, check your junk folder, spam settings, etc, and try again if necessary.)Open a Ticket