Control Solutions’ Model VP4-2310 ValuPoint® Programmable I/O for Modbus RTU is a network I/O device that includes programmable control. The VP4-2310 makes an excellent slave I/O device or stand-alone soft PLC.
ValuPoint VP4-23 Series
Programmable I/O for Modbus RTU
• 14 Analog/Universal Inputs
• 3 Analog Outputs
• 6 Discrete Outputs
• Up to 320 Modbus Registers
• Modbus RTU Master or Slave
• Freely Programmable
• UL 916 Listed
Control Solutions’ Model VP4-2310 ValuPoint® Programmable I/O for Modbus RTU is a network I/O device that includes programmable control. The 4th generation ValuPoint® platform is designed to be a building block in a distributed control system where controllers communicate via Modbus RTU.
The ValuPoint® Model VP4-2310 features 14 universal context sensitive inputs. When configured as an analog input, the continuously self-calibrating sigma-delta converter produces 15-bit resolution with high noise immunity. When configured as a discrete input, the converter switches to 10-bit resolution at 1,000 samples per second for fast response.
Analog Input objects provide data from the analog I/O points. Linearization tables are provided for 10K and 20K type II, III, and IV thermistors. Input type and scaling is configured by writing to Modbus registers. Modbus registers also provide access to the outputs.
Pulse input at up to 1kHz is available on 2 channels in all modes. If analog inputs are sampled in fast 10-bit mode, pulse input to 10Hz is available on all channels. Pulse counts are totalizing, and saved to non-volatile memory every 15 minutes.
ValuPoint Model VP4-2310 also includes 3 analog 4-20mA outputs, and 6 Form A relay outputs. All I/O points are accessed as Modbus holding registers, or coils in the case of relays.
ValuPoint® support software, available for download at no cost, includes the VP4-2310 configuration tool, i.CanDrawIt graphical programming tool, and the pliWrite line programming tool. Both programming tools support both simulated execution and live debug. The tools connect via Modbus RTU.
The ValuPoint VP4-2310 Configuration Tool is a user friendly configuration tool that provides simple templates for reading and writing the Modbus registers that configure the device. Connect the ValuPoint to your laptop via any RS-485 adapter on your PC's COM port. .
i.CanDrawIt® is included at no additional cost with every ValuPoint® controller from Control Solutions. i.CanDrawIt® works just like an electrical schematic CAD program, except you draw control programs that look like circuits. The resulting software will function like the circuit you draw. i.CanDrawIt® includes visual program simulation as well as visual live debugging where supported by the target device. Set breakpoints or step through the program one visual function block at a time. Update variables and I/O objects in simulation or live.
VP4-2310 Hardware Features
• 14 Analog/universal inputs
• 0-10VDC, thermistor, discrete, dry contact, pulse
• 0.1% reference, up to 16-bit resolution
• Software selectable input types
• Continuously self-calibrating sigma-delta A/D
• Non-volatile totalizing count inputs
• Fast scan mode with 10-bit resolution
• 3 Analog outputs
• 4-20mA (0-20mA), 8-bit resolution,
• 500 ohm load max.
• 6 Discrete outputs
• Form A relay, 2A @ 120VAC, 2A @ 30VDC
• Battery backed real time clock/calendar
• Modbus RTU at 4800 to 38400 baud
• Hardened RS-485 port
• 128KB non-volatile EEPROM configuration file capacity
• 64K Flash for user program
• ARM 32-bit processor, 512K Flash, 56K RAM
• Powered by 18-30VDC or 24VAC 50/60 Hz
• 0.3A @ 24VDC max.
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 105mm W x 60mm D
• LED indicators for power, RS-485 RX/TX & error
• Pluggable screw terminal blocks
• -40C to +70C, 5%-95% RH non-condensing
• Certifications: FCC, CE, UL 916
VP4-2310 Software Features
• Freely programmable soft PLC
• i.CanDrawIt® graphical programming
• Modbus master or slave operation
• I/O points accessible as holding registers and/or coils
• Total of 320 data objects available
• Data objects accessible as 16-bit or 32-bit registers
VP4-2310/VP4-2810 Video Library
Watch these videos for an introduction to configuring the ValuPoint. It's easier than reading!
Our most extensive technical support is provided by the same engineering staff that developed the products. Your personal attention from this staff is available via the support ticket system.
No user/password is required to open a new ticket. Once you open a ticket, you will immediately receive an email with your ticket number. Your ticket number becomes your login to review your ticket(s) later. Click the Support Ticket icon anywhere you see it. (If you do not get an email with your ticket number, within minutes, check your junk folder, spam settings, etc, and try again if necessary.)Open a Ticket