The Babel Buster SPX-GW is a Modbus bridge that transparently connects Modbus RTU devices to Modbus TCP and vice versa. All requests received from an RS-485 master are passed straight through to Ethernet servers. When configured to go the other way, all requests received from an Ethernet client are passed straight through to RS-485 slaves.
The SPX-GW Modbus bridge can be configured to connect multiple Modbus RTU RS-485 devices to a single IP address on the TCP network. Conversely, the SPX-GW Modbus bridge can be configured to connect multiple Modbus TCP devices to a Modbus RTU RS-485 network.
• Encapsulates RTU packets in TCP packets
• Extracts RTU packets from TCP packets
• Can map multiple RTU devices to single TCP IP address
• Configured via internal web server
• FCC/CE Mark
• Software Included, No Drivers to Buy
Babel Buster SPX-GW is a transparent gateway for mapping Modbus RTU devices to Modbus TCP and vice versa. All requests received from an RS-485 Modbus RTU master are passed straight through to Modbus TCP servers. When configured to go the other way, all requests received from a Modbus TCP client are passed straight through to RS-485 Modbus RTU slaves. The SPX-GW is non-mapping in terms of mapping registers. The SPX-GW does not have any internal registers. It strictly maps RTU slave addresses to IP addresses.
The SPX-GW includes its own internal web server that provides a web based user interface for configuring the SPX-GW. Configuration is done using simple templates, and each web page has an online help section at the bottom.
Click on the link below to view a demo copy of the entire Web UI in the SPX-GW.
• Modbus RTU RS-485 Master or Slave
• Supports up to 255 RTU slave addresses
• Modbus TCP over Ethernet 10/100BaseT
• Supports up to 20 simultaneous TCP sockets
• Configure via web pages
• Flash file system with XML configuration files
• Online help
• Password protection for web log-on and ftp
• Field upgradeable firmware upload via ftp
• DHCP or static IP address
• Hardened EIA-485 transceiver for Modbus RTU
• Powered by 10-30VDC or 24VAC 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption: 0.3A @ 24VDC
• Pluggable screw terminal block for power & RTU network
• Operating temperature -40°C to +85°C
• Humidity 5% to 90%
• FCC Class A, CE Mark
• Modbus Tutorial
Introduction to Modbus, including function codes, exception codes, register numbering.
Our most extensive technical support is provided by the same engineering staff that developed the products. Your personal attention from this staff is available via the support ticket system.
No user/password is required to open a new ticket. Once you open a ticket, you will immediately receive an email with your ticket number. Your ticket number becomes your login to review your ticket(s) later. Click the Support Ticket icon anywhere you see it. (If you do not get an email with your ticket number, within minutes, check your junk folder, spam settings, etc, and try again if necessary.)Open a Ticket