Control Solutions’ Model VP4-2810 ValuPoint® Programmable I/O for Modbus RTU has 28 I/O points, and operates as a master or slave for I/O expansion, or as a controller with soft PLC capability. The ValuPoint® platform is designed to be a building block in a distributed control system where controllers communicate via Modbus RTU. The ValuPoint® Model VP4-2810 features 16 discrete outputs, and 12 discrete inputs configurable as dry contact closure to ground, or DC voltage sensing (in two groups of 6). Pulse input at up to 1kHz is available on 2 channels. Pulse input to 10Hz is available on all channels. Pulse counts are totalizing, and saved to non-volatile memory every 15 minutes.
The ValuPoint® series of controllers is designed to be a building block in a distributed control system. The VP4-2810 can be used as Modbus slave for system expansion, or as Modbus master for stand-alone applications. When configured as Master, the VP4-2810 can query other Modbus devices, and use local registers to mirror mapped registers in remote devices.
• 12 Discrete Inputs, Voltage Sense or Dry Contact Closure to Ground
• Pulse Count to 1kHz on 2 Inputs, to 10Hz on All Inputs
• 16 Discrete Outputs, Open Drain FET, 1A @ 30VDC
• Modbus RTU 9600 to 38,400 Baud
• Graphical Programming with i.CanDrawIt®
Control Solutions’ Model VP4-2810 ValuPoint® Programmable I/O for Modbus RTU is a network I/O device that includes programmable control. The 4th generation ValuPoint® platform is designed to be a building block in a distributed control system where controllers communicate via Modbus RTU.
The ValuPoint® Model VP4-2810 features 12 discrete inputs configurable as dry contact closure to ground, or DC voltage sensing (in two groups of 6).
Pulse input at up to 1kHz is available on 2 channels. Pulse input to 10Hz is available on all channels. Pulse counts are totalizing, and saved to non-volatile memory every 15 minutes.
ValuPoint® support software, available for download at no cost, includes the VP4-2810 configuration tool, i.CanDrawIt graphical programming tool, and the pliWrite line programming tool. Both programming tools support both simulated execution and live debug. The tools connect via Modbus RTU.
The ValuPoint VP4-2810 Configuration Tool is a user friendly configuration tool that provides simple templates for reading and writing the Modbus registers that configure the device. Connect the ValuPoint to your laptop via any RS-485 adapter on your PC's COM port. .
i.CanDrawIt® is included at no additional cost with every ValuPoint® controller from Control Solutions. i.CanDrawIt® works just like an electrical schematic CAD program, except you draw control programs that look like circuits. The resulting software will function like the circuit you draw. i.CanDrawIt® includes visual program simulation as well as visual live debugging where supported by the target device. Set breakpoints or step through the program one visual function block at a time. Update variables and I/O objects in simulation or live.
VP4-2810 Hardware Features
• 12 Discrete inputs
• Dry contact closure to ground
• Voltage sense tolerant to 30VDC
• Non-volatile totalizing count inputs
• Pulse counting to 1kHz on 2 inputs
• Pulse counting to 10Hz on all inputs
• 16 Discrete outputs
• Open drain FET, 1A @ 30VDC
• Battery backed real time clock/calendar
• Modbus RTU at 4800 to 38400 baud
• Hardened RS-485 port
• 128KB non-volatile EEPROM configuration file capacity
• 64K Flash for user program
• ARM 32-bit processor, 512K Flash, 56K RAM
• Powered by 18-30VDC or 24VAC 50/60 Hz
• 0.3A @ 24VDC max.
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 105mm W x 60mm D
• LED indicators for power, RS-485 RX/TX & error
• Pluggable screw terminal blocks
• -40C to +70C, 5%-95% RH non-condensing
• Certifications: FCC, CE
VP4-2810 Software Features
• Freely programmable soft PLC
• i.CanDrawIt® graphical programming
• Modbus master or slave operation
• I/O points accessible as holding registers and/or coils
• Total of 320 data objects available
• Data objects accessible as 16-bit or 32-bit registers
VP4-2310/VP4-2810 Video Library
Watch these videos for an introduction to configuring the ValuPoint. It's easier than reading!
Our most extensive technical support is provided by the same engineering staff that developed the products. Your personal attention from this staff is available via the support ticket system.
No user/password is required to open a new ticket. Once you open a ticket, you will immediately receive an email with your ticket number. Your ticket number becomes your login to review your ticket(s) later. Click the Support Ticket icon anywhere you see it. (If you do not get an email with your ticket number, within minutes, check your junk folder, spam settings, etc, and try again if necessary.)Open a Ticket